Charleston Red Rice is the ultimate rice comfort food! Its sweet, has tons of meat! And the aromas from tomatoes and celery cant be beat! Especially when you add candied bacon!
- 8 oz Bacon
- 2 Onions small diced
- 1 cup Celery
- 14.5 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Kielbasa cut 1 cm thick
- Fresh Parsley (chopped optional)
- 2 Bell peppers small diced
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme
- 2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Rice
- 1 Tbsp Paprika (smoked is best)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Fry the bacon, sausage, onions, bell peppers, and celery until the onions are translucent.
- Add rice and coat with the bacon oil and butter.
- Add the thyme, Paprika, and the crushed tomatoes.
- Add chicken stock to cover the rice. Bring to a boil, and then simmer on low until liquid is almost gone. Keep adding chicken stock as needed.
- Top with parsely