This sweet and smoky shrimp soup is perfect for summer. Dairy free and ready in 15 minutes.
- 12 Shrimp
- 3 Carrots diced
- 1 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 onion
- 1.5 cups Chicken Stock or Shrimp stock (or water)
- 1/4 cup Diced Fennel
- 1 orange cut into segments
- Saute the onions until brown in a pot
- add carrots and stock.
- Simmer until carrots are fork tender.
- Blend until smooth and chill.
For the Shrimp and Cauliflowers
- In a skillet on medium high, add a little oil and place the cauliflowers.
- Let caramelize for at least 3 minutes without touching.
- Flip and repeat. They will be al dente.
- Repeat for the shrimp.
You can make the soup a little sweeter by adding fresh orange juice or honey.
You can serve the soup hot or cold. If hot, omit the raw fennel.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Tropical Soups
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 16g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30G
- Fiber: 4G
- Protein: 19G
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Carrot Soup, How to make carrot soup, Easy carrot soup recipes