This Lemon Poached Pears recipe, with pears poached in a sweet white wine, and lemon peel, bring light and fragrant notes to a delicious dessert!
- 4 Pears (Bosc, Anjou, Bartlett etc.)
- 3 Star Anise Cloves
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Cups Wine (Red or White)
- Orange or lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Peel and Core the Pears
- In a sauce pot add sugar, lemon, wine, and star anise cloves.
- Bring to a simmer until the sugar melts and it becomes a syrup
- Add the pears. They will float, you can weigh them down with a plate
- Pinch with a fork after 30 minutes to test for tenderness.
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Remove the pears and bring the syrup to a boil to thicken. Once thick, add a tablespoon of butter
- Serve with the pears.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Spanish