- Skillet seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- The right tool to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry or grill
- At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire; Great on induction cooktops
- Easy care: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
Cooking And Caring For Your Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron
Caring for your cast iron doesn’t have to be complicated. Lodge cookware comes already seasoned and ready to use, so you can make your family’s favorite recipes right away. You can use it on any heat source, from the stove top to the campfire (just not the microwave!). The more you use it, the better the seasoning will get.
- Wash cast iron by hand with mild soap or none at all.
- Dry promptly and thoroughly with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
- Rub with a very light layer of vegetable oil, preferably while the cookware is still warm.
- Hang or store cookware in a dry place.
A little about me
I’m a chef and a former psychologist. I spent years studying how we experience food to make the best eating experiences possible- and I show you how to eat well on this site. I host secret popups in Miami, FL teaching people how to approach good food that’s never been done before.