This Sage Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe brings in the peppery and creamy notes of cauliflower and cashews to give a velvety deliciousness to Mac and Cheese. No animals required!
- 2 cups pasta
- 1 onion small dice
- 2 cups Cauliflower (frozen is ok)
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Panko
- White pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain and set aside
- In Olive oil, saute the onion until translucent and add the cauliflower.
- Add vegetable stock and cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Add the almonds and blend together in a food processor or vitamix blender.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and flour to make a roux.
- Once the roux is done, take it off the fire and add a little bit of the cream at a time while stirring.
- Add the pasta and stir. Season to taste with white pepper, salt
- In a pan add the panko and toast over heat while stirring so it doesnt burn.
- Once cruncy, add smoked paprika and add the panko to the mac & cheese on the plate.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American